Millions of people have had LASIK eye surgery – you probably have at least one friend, relative, or coworker who has had it done. However, this may not be enough to convince you that it’s time to have this procedure. If you are still having questions and doubts about LASIK, read on for some important information!
Is it time to get LASIK?
Here are 6 things you might not have known about LASIK:
- Blades aren’t used in LASIK. The thought of a blade anywhere near the face or eyes is enough to scare anyone, but there’s no need to worry – lasers are used in LASIK to correct vision, not blades.
- It is very safe. There are risks with any procedure, but LASIK is considered to be one of the safest procedures you can have done.
- It hardly takes any time at all. LASIK is an outpatient procedure and it usually only takes about 15 minutes per eye. That’s it! And, you will start to notice improvement in your vision as soon as it is done (although it can take a few months before you see the full results).
- Some patients still need glasses or reading glasses or may need them in the future. You should speak with your doctor about what exactly LASIK can do for you and about what you can expect after LASIK.
- Not everyone is a good candidate for LASIK. If your vision is very poor or you have thin corneas, LASIK may not be for you. However, your doctor may be able to give you other corrective surgery options to help you improve your vision.
- Perhaps most importantly, you’ll wonder how you ever lived with glasses and contacts, and you’ll love being able to see without them.
It is understandable you might be nervous about a procedure for your eyes, but LASIK has been proven to be very safe, takes no time at all, and you’ll soon wonder why you didn’t do it years ago. The staff at The Eye Care Institute in Santa Rosa or Petaluma are experts at LASIK. Call (707) 546-9800 today for a LASIK consultation!