How to Choose the Right Eyeglasses
- Posted on: Oct 15 2017
Eyeglass options range from stylish rims designed by high fashion brands to ordinary but practical reading glasses. The endless styles and choices can seem overwhelming. Here are some basic tips to consider as you decide which eyeglasses you choose to purchase.
Select the right style for your face shape
The type of frames you choose should compliment your face shape. But keep in mind that if there is a style you truly love—feel free to go with it. When in doubt, remember that contrast is key. Select frames that bring symmetry and balance to your features.
- Round face: Square or rectangular frames are the perfect compliments to balance a round face. These more angular styles can enhance your face by adding length or making it appear slimmer if you’d like. Frames to avoid: rimless or round frames. These circular shapes will make your face look even more round.
- Heart-shaped face: Choose glasses that balance a narrow chin with a longer forehead. Square or round eyeglasses will help draw the focus away from a high forehead. Frames to avoid: frames with stylized and embellished temples or tops. These styles will draw attention to the forehead.
- Oval Face: Frames that have a strong bridge and are wider than the edges of the face will suit an oval face shape well. Frames to avoid: frames that are too large will make a face appear unbalanced.
- Square face: Choose frames that soften the square angles of the face and are propped high on the nose. Oval or round glasses look fantastic with a square face. Frames to avoid: angular or boxy eyeglasses.
- Diamond face: Oval or cat eye frames provide an excellent accent to the cheekbones and facial features. Frames to avoid: narrow and box-like styles, which will widen the cheeks
To schedule your regular eye exam, contact the Eye Care Institute. You can reach our office at (707) 546-9800. We look forward to answering your questions, addressing any concerns you may have about your eye health, and assisting you with choosing the right pair of eyeglasses. We hope to see you soon!
Posted in: Eyeglass and Frames