At the Eye Care Institute in Sonoma County, our eye doctors work routinely with patients looking to correct their vision. Whether you have nearsightedness, farsightedness, or even astigmatism, corrective lenses are often the best solution to restore clearer vision. However, not everyone is a fan of wearing prescription eyeglasses to improve their sight. In situations such as this, patients might want to consider the many benefits of using contact lenses.
What are contact lenses?
Contact lenses are small lenses that are placed into the eye each day to correct one’s vision and eliminating the need for traditional eyeglasses. These lenses are based off of prescriptions to improve a patient’s eyesight immediately. Contact lenses have many potential benefits that make them a desirable choice for many of our patients. These medical devices are prescribed by an eye doctor and used by the patient to improve vision. Below are a few of the more common advantages these prescription devices can offer:
- Treatment of various eye conditions, including myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, and presbyopia
- Contact lenses moves when the eye moves, providing vision correct that looks and feels natural
- Slow the progression of myopia in children and teenagers in some instances
- A variety of contact lens materials to fit a patient’s individual lifestyle and budget
- Patients can maintain a natural appearance without the use of eyeglasses
- Improve a patient’s self-esteem and confidence by eliminating the need of eyewear
- Improve peripheral vision, which is helpful for individuals active in certain activities and sports
- Contact lenses do not fog up when walking outdoors or indoors when significant temperature changes
- Allow for proper vision while participating in high-impact sports
- Some contact lenses offer extra UV protection, though patients should still consider sunglasses when outdoors
Learn more about contact lenses and eyeglasses at the Eye Care Institute
If you are interested in finding out if you are a good fit for contact lenses, connect with our team of professionals at the Eye Care Institute. Our practice is equipped for patients in and around the areas of Petaluma and Santa Rosa, California. Call (707) 546-9800 to request an appointment at any three of our conveniently located facilities and start taking charge of your vision and eye health!