Botox is a very popular procedure that has been in use for decades. The odds are that you know someone who has had Botox, but you may not know very much about it. Did you know that the doctors you know and trust at the Eye Care Institute offer Botox? Read on for other things you should know about this procedure!
1. Botox is used cosmetically to smooth out wrinkles and fine lines. It is a great option if you have tried at-home treatments such as creams or serums to no avail, yet you’re not quite ready for a surgical procedure such as a facelift. However, Botox also has medical uses – it can be used to treat migraines, bladder problems, and eyelid twitching (blepharospasm).
2. Botox is made from the botulinum toxin, which sounds dangerous but is actually very safe when used correctly. It works by blocking the signals between the muscles and the nerves. The muscles can’t contract and wrinkles are relaxed.
3. Most patients report that getting Botox injections is painless and only feels like a little pinch.
4. The procedure to get Botox only takes a few minutes – many patients have it done on their lunch hour and then can go right back to work or regular activities, although you should wait to do anything too strenuous. You may feel a bit sore and bruised, but this should fade within a couple of days.
5. It can take a few weeks before you start to see the cosmetic effects of Botox, although you’ll start to notice some difference within a few days. These effects can last for months, and you can get more Botox when they wear off. Some patients get Botox injections as often as every 3 months.
You may not have even known that you can get Botox at the Eye Care Institute – but now you do! It is a quick and effective way to get younger looking, smoother skin. If you are interested in what Botox can do for you, call the Eye Care Institute, at the office in Santa Rosa or Petaluma. Call (707) 546-9800 today!